Geothermal Heating and Cooling from Bel-Aire Heating & Air Conditioning
Geothermal heating and cooling technology uses the fact that, beneath the surface, the Earth stays at a relatively constant temperature – warmer than the air temperature in winter and cooler in the summer. Almost half of the sun’s energy is absorbed by the Earth and stored in the ground. A geothermal system works by extracting the free energy for heat during the winter while in the summer, the system cools by removing heat from the home and dumping it into the cooler Earth. This transfer of heat energy is done through a series of pipes buried in the ground, or sunk in a pond, or by using well water. Geothermal systems do not burn fossil fuel to generate heat, they simply transfer heat to and from the earth, which makes them more energy-efficient.
Why Choose Geothermal Heating and Cooling?
- Cost savings. Generally, no other heating and cooling system offers lower operating costs, with savings up to 60% compared to forced air systems.
- Having no outdoor AC or heat pump reduces the chance of weather related breakdown and is more aesthetically pleasing.
- Quiet operation. Bard geothermal units use heavy duty, full insulated cabinets for quiet operation.
- Possible tax credits and rebates
- Environmentally friendly. Geothermal is a clean. Green, and renewable technology.
Bel-Aire Heating & Air Conditioning is one of Michigan’s most knowledgeable geothermal heating and cooling companies. Bel-Aire can install and service geothermal heating and cooling units in Grand Rapids, Portage, Three Rivers and the surrounding areas. Our friendly staff has the tools and expertise for you to benefit from geothermal heat and enjoy the savings on your utility bills. Bel-Aire Heating & Conditioning can help you determine the best geothermal system for your home!