2013 Program Updates for Consumers Energy Home Performance with ENERGY STAR®
Thursday, January 3, 2013
We're excited to inform you that the Consumers Energy Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) 2013 program was launched on Jan. 1. While the 2013 program will be similar to last year's campaign, below are some changes you should know. Also for your convenience, we've attached copies of the 2013 Customer Incentives and Rebate Application.
- Customer incentives will remain at the current rate until April 1, 2013. You will receive an email update in March with the new Rebate Application and Customer Incentive sheets.
- Applications now include an optional section for customers who choose to have their rebate reassigned to a third party.
- A tune-up rebate is now available for customers who have a hot water boiler.
- Minimum wall area requirements for crawlspace insulation have been reduced from 500 square feet to 200 square feet.
- Condominiums/townhouses greater than four units are now eligible for program participation provided they meet all other requirements listed in the Terms and Conditions.
- Customers who participate in the Consumers Energy Home Energy Analysis program and meet the HPwES eligibility requirements will receive a $100 coupon toward a Comprehensive Home Assessment.
- The $50 incentive for submitting a Beacon Home Energy Analysis (HEA) report will end Jan. 31, 2013. If you have submitted a Beacon HEA application and not received payment, all flaws must be corrected and responses received by Jan. 31, 2013 to be eligible for payment.
Thank you for your continued support of the Consumers Energy Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program!
The Consumers Energy Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program Team